Date:      Tue, 16 Apr 2002 10:34:12 +0100
From:      Pete French <pfrench@firstcallgroup.co.uk>
To:        greg.panula@dolaninformation.com
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMP problems with latest SUP and SCSi drives

> 	Maybe this two-part article will help:
> Part 1: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/03/21/Big_Scary_Daemons.html
> Part 2: http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2002/04/04/Big_Scary_Daemons.html
> 	It covers building/using a debugging kernel and then recovering useful
> information from the dump after a panic.

All good stuff - but when the kernel is frozen how can I make it panic ?
Is there some equivalent to the ALT-ALT-TILDE combination on NeXTs to
take me into some monitor or other where I can force a panic ?

> 	Other things to try would be manually setting the IRQ of the scsi
> controller.  I have two proliants(an older one using Pentium Pros and a
> newer one using pentium 3s) and they both use the ida driver for their
> on-board scsi(compaq smart raid).

Thats interesting - I am running an ida SMART raid at home(no problems there)
but the work machines use sym. I'll drive out to the machine and see if I
can do that later this week though. Thanks for the help.

-pcf.