Date:      Sun, 07 Sep 2003 15:21:58 +0800
From:      Khairil Yusof <kaeru@pd.jaring.my>
To:        Virgil <virgil2u@cinci.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Images of FreeBSD

--=-rk541A/2Ns9SX7ORrNG6

On Sun, 2003-09-07 at 09:53, Virgil wrote:
> I would like to know if their is any way I can find any images of what th=
e desktop looks like in BSD, I have searched extensively for days and tried=
 numerous ways to contact others and can't find absolutely no information a=
bout BSD, I would like to know what it looks like before I try to install i=
t and also to see what programs are with it and what programs are available=
 for it, I am mostly looking for a OS to replace Windows for video editing =
purposes. =20
> Thanks very much for your time and hope to hear something soon.

For video editing, you might want to have a look at
http://www.jahshaka.com/

Though this is not available in the ports yet I think.

As others have said Linux/FreeBSD is usually using the same software.

Most importantly you should compare both FreeBSD an Linux based on
software and hardware support that you need for video editing. Better
questions would be:

Does FreeBSD support DV/Firewire for camcorders?
Does FreeBSD support video capture cards, which ones?
(this is important, a lot of high end cards don't have drivers for
Linux/FreeBSD)

Is software available on FreeBSD to do such and such?

--
"Optimized, readable, on time; Pick any two."=20

FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT i386=20
3:14PM up 18:06, 2 users, load averages: 2.91, 2.71, 2.66

--=-rk541A/2Ns9SX7ORrNG6

--=-rk541A/2Ns9SX7ORrNG6--