Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:31:16 -0800
From:      "Marc Wandschneider" <marcw@lanfear.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Where'd my shared lib go?

	So, I recently build giflib-4.0.1 on my machine.  I ran

	./configure --enable-shared

	to ensure shared libs are built, and sure enough, libgif.so.5.0 was built
and installed to /usr/local/lib. A symlink from libgif.so was also put.

	Now, the problem is, when I run:

	ldconfig /usr/lib /usr/local/lib /usr/local/X11R6/lib /usr/local/.... etc

	libgif.so NEVER shows up in the list, while ALL others do!

	So, the question is:  Whey it at?  Why isn't it included?

	Thanks.

	marc.