Date:      Wed, 1 Jul 1998 09:54:58 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Stephen Mathezer <mathezer@harbor.ab.ca>
To:        Andre LeClaire <leclaire@sprintmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Megahertz XJEM3288 with 2.2.6

OK, I am getting much further now.

I mostly got this to work.

sio0 is at IRQ 4
card0 uses IRQ 3

So, I changed sio1 to be irq11 and then used

config 0x21 "sio1" 11

The card is found and attached etc. I got ppp to work so everything seems
to work fine EXCEPT that if I pull the card out, I get a constant beep
from the machine and it hangs.

Is there anything special I have to do for removing the card?
By the way, you say that sio2 is 3e8 and that sio1 is 2f8 and that 0x21
corresponds to sio1.  How did you get this information from the dumcis?

I assume Tuple #5-7 contain config info.  Did you just look and see that
the Config index is 0x21 in tuple 5 and the block start is 2f8 and since
2f8 is usually sio1 you now know that 0x21 is for sio1.  Is that sort of
right.

Thanks for the help, I'm starting to understand this

-Steve