Date:      Mon, 13 Oct 1997 00:11:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Ibrahim Korpeoglu <korpe@cs.ucr.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PAO question.

Killing gratuitous crosspost.

On Thu, 9 Oct 1997, Ibrahim Korpeoglu wrote:

> I am trying to install freebsd 2.2.2 to a laptop together with PAO
> PCMCIA support. I have the PAO boot floppy for 2.2.2. Do I still follow the
> steps in 2.2.2-RELESEASE/README file? (like compiling
> the manager daemon and utilitiy files etc.)? Which steps
> are necessary? I installed freebsd with PAO floppy, but I am
> not sure if already installed the manager daemon etc.

You should follow the instructions that come with the PAO distribution
you're using after finishing the initial installation steps, up to copying
files.

An older rev of the PAO boot floppy dropped you to a shell and had you run
/stand/PAO and that took care of building & installing the necessary
files.