Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 14:06:04 -0400 (EDT)
From:      David Banning <david@skytrackercanada.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to tell what you default X resolution is.

I would like to put the option in my XF86Config file to change
resolutions, from 1600 to 1280. When I do this, my 1600 display has some
less than perfect output. When I abandon any setting and just let X give
me a screen, it gives me a clear screen which _looks_ like 1600.
The only difference from when I set it myself, is that the screen is
a little narrower.

I want to keep the default screen, but be able to change to 1200 resolution
too. Is there a way to find out what resolution it is giving me by default?