Date:      Mon, 12 Jun 2000 08:44:12 +0200
From:      Szilveszter Adam <sziszi@petra.hos.u-szeged.hu>
To:        "Sadler, Brian" <Brian_Sadler@MCFA.COM>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Installation and other DOCS

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 10:42:41PM -0500, Sadler, Brian wrote:
> I am wondering if there is someplace online where I can download all the
> docs and man files in a PDF format so I can print them at work.  I am
> planning to build a FreeBSD workstation very soon and would like to read the
> docs prior to attempting it.

Hello!

You can get the most important docs from

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/doc/<your language>/

also in pdf format and in various other flavors. (Handbook, FAQ, etc)

They can also be viewed at http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html

The man pages are not available in pdf, but they can be viewed online on

http://www.freebsd.org/docs.html#man

I do not think there is an easy way to download them and print them just
like that, but it shouldn't be necessary either. By the time you need them,
they will be probably on your machine, if you select the "Doc" item during
the installation. (which I strongly advise you to do.)

If you still think you need them, many of them are printed in the book

"The Complete FreeBSD" by Greg Lehey, available from all good bookstores and
from FreeBSD Mall (http://www.freebsdmall.com/)

And never forget, if you have problems with FreeBSD, the mailing list

freebsd-questions@freebsd.org is there for you!

Wish you the best of luck and have fun with FreeBSD!

Regards:

Szilveszter ADAM
Szeged University
Szeged Hungary