Date:      Sun, 07 Jun 1998 02:01:20 +1000
From:      Louis Elias Gourvelos <louis_gourvelos@ccon.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Boot Error

Hi there
I have a little problem, well I think it is.....
I can not get my hard drive to boot after doing the Novice installation
of the OS 2.2.6 which I purchased the cd-roms fromWlnut Creek.
I set the partition to dangerous mode, as I want the pc to be a totally
stand alone freeBSD and I check that the settings are correct for the
partition
CA>=
I believe that means the partition is active properly aligned etc....
then I select an automatic selection for the partion as far as where /
and swp's and user directories etc...........
and then it goes through it's merry little way and copies files to the
hdd etc finally it finishes and I exit the install it then prompts me to
remove the floppy and it will reboot.
So I do
but then I get boot error
I tried various combinations but it appears as though I am missing
something in a big way.

Regards
Louis