Date:      Fri, 13 Jul 2001 08:44:06 +0200
From:      "Ebbinge, Onno" <EbbingeO@logica.com>
To:        "'kris@FreeBSD.org'" <kris@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "'freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org'" <freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org>, "'questions@freebsd.org'" <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: kern/28910: Misc kernel compilation problems

Hi Kris,

Thank you for the very fast responce.

> Synopsis: Misc kernel compilation problems
> State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
> State-Changed-By: kris
> State-Changed-When: Thu Jul 12 13:37:53 PDT 2001
> State-Changed-Why:
> Please direct tech support requests to the
> questions@freebsd.org mailing list (and include more information
> when you do, such as the exact errors you obtain during kernel
> compilation, and your kernel config file).  Thanks.

This is my first bug report for FreeBSD so please enlighten me
on how I can be more exact than:

"If I include the options:

makeoptions KERNEL="kernel.mandy"
makeoptions DESTDIR="/boot"

in my MANDY kernel-config file and type:

config MANDY
cd ../../compile/MANDY
make depend
make
make install
reboot

The result is that my kernel compiles ok, is placed and named:

/boot/kernel.mandy

BUT WILL NOT BOOT"

Not totaly the same words but pretty much the same meaning...
(see original report: http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=28910)

A -NOT BOOT- result is a bug in my book and not a support request but
some enlightment is welcome. My opinion is that the same arguments apply
for the other makeoptions but those are less serious.

Did you realy try it?

Sincerely,

Onno

PS: please cc me in every responce since I'm not subscribed.