Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 1995 13:51:32 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        FREEBSD-CURRENT-L <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: /usr/share/man/cat?

On Tue, 11 Apr 1995, Mark Murray wrote:

> This seems to be true of /usr/share/man/... but it is not the case in
> /usr/local/man/... and /usr/X11R6/man/...
>
> It this maybe what Brian was asking?

    I don't see any sign of the /usr/share/man/cat? directories in
either the bin or manpage distributions.  The installer doesn't create
them either because the Pentium box here only has the man?
directories.  If we do include them, perhaps we should include an
option to run catman to generate the preformatted pages.  Warn the
user that this will at worst double the size needed to hold all man
pages, but with the benefit that you don't have to wait for nroff and
friends to do their work each time.
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org