Date:      04 Jun 2003 04:35:10 +0000
From:      Mark Sergeant <msergeant@snsonline.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with HTTP traffic (very slow)

I have two machines running 4.8-RELEASE ... both sitting on the same
switch, same hardware, same everything really.

One gets 200k/s using wget / curl / w3m to a http address the other gets
6k/s to the same address. On the slow http machine I get 200k/s via scp
or ftp to the same address it's just web traffic that is slow (note web
traffic to all other locations is 4 - 6k/s as well). I've recompiled
curl, w3m, wget and all their dependancies and still no luck so I can
only assume something is broken with http traffic on this machine.

The only difference between these two machines is one is an nfs server
and the other an nfs client to that machine.

Has anyone experienced this before / got any pointers on where I should
look, which deity I should pray to etc.

Cheers,

--
Mark Sergeant <msergeant@snsonline.net>