Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 1995 12:10:00 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Vikya@aol.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to boot up FreeBSD after installation on second IDE drive

Vikya@aol.com stands accused of saying:

> I installed FreeBSD 2.0.5 on my second IDE hard drive.
> After I finished installation I did not get any 'F?' prompt to find out what
> is the function key for BSD.

FreeBSD is very careful to avoid writing on any disks that you haven't
specifically asked it to.  In your case, it means that it hasn't written
the bootmanager to the first disk; you'll have to do that yourself.

The bootmanager's DOS-based installer is on the CDrom; you can also use
another bootmanager like OS-BS or the OS/2 Bootmangler.

> Victor

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" -Terry Lambert  UNIX: live FreeBSD or die! [[