Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 2008 03:45:55 -0300
From:      Gonzalo Nemmi <gnemmi@gmail.com>
To:        Doug Hardie <bc979@lafn.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD Computers

Yup .. that was clear from the very beginning ..
The idea was that at least I know for sure it can run an OS different from MS
and the manufacturer is assuring that to me. Which I personally find to be an
really nice plus for any notebook I may buy.

Anyway .. the thing is that fiven that it run FreeDOS by default .. and that
Vostros 1400n are almost the same machines than Inspirons 1420n .. how hard
could it be to get a FreeeBSD running on it out of the box?

I really don't know, but I have the gut feeling that if Im buying a new
notebook, that one is gonna be the less prone to give me headaches ...

That is whay I began my e-mai asking:
> > In the same order of things, have you guys had any experience with
> > Dell
> > Vostros?

It seems like an interesting notebook to try and run FreeBSD (or any BSD for
that matter) on.

Any input before buying it will be and extremly valuable plus for everyone on
the list I suspect.

And just in case anyone wonder .. Mr. Michel Dell can stan in linde to give me
a bkajsdakjsb ...

I guess, that statement proves that I don't work or have a relation whatsoever
with Dell. And now ... I guess I'll never have it =D

Blessings

---
Gonzalo Nemmi