Date:      Sat, 7 Oct 2000 14:50:12 +0400
From:      "Artem Koutchine" <matrix@ipform.ru>
To:        "Jan Erik" <eramunds@online.no>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD?

> releases in hope that one day will come that I could install this beast
> without any errors. No luck yet. Somehow it's not possible to install

I have install all releases of FBSD since 2.2.8 from a cd or a
bootable cd and had problems only ONCE, because CD was
not primary slave (there was a feature in one of the releases:).

I can install FreeBSD with my eyes closed and i am sure
that if hardware is ok, then the install will be fine.

As for graphics interface.. well, it would nice, but i won't use it,
because you will never what goes wrong with those graphics
i-faces. It might the install or might be the graphics card is
too unusual. Personally, i'd stick to text screens, the are just
way much more reliable.

As for friendliness, well, there is nothing at this point I would
add to the installer, but I would rather delete a lot from it. And make
some parts a bit more understanble, like, in some case it
is not intuitive, that you will have to press OK to cancel :)