Date:      Fri, 20 Jun 2003 01:43:53 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.org>
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:    Re: Congratulations Terry! (was: Re: Meta: explain what where when?)

Mark Murray wrote:
> > > I'm too amazed by this to even comment on the above quoted
> > > paragraph.
> >
> > I'll comment: you are obviously not as fanatically dedicated
> > to FreeBSD as I am, and you are apparently counting -chat
> > postings.
>
> Why does having less postings than you make him less dedicated?

It doesn't.  I said that tongue-in-cheek.  He was attempting
to draw an ironic parallel between my statements there, and
my posting history.  His parallel was not apt, so I was ironic
back to him.

> Why do you consider this obvious?

It was irony.

> of mention?

Because I post a lot to chat, relative to other lists, and he was
counting total postings.

Chat may as well be "IRC for people who are not IRC weenies".

Consider what the relative numbers for everyone would be, if we
were to take all of their blocks of communications in all forums
related to FreeBSD into account and add them together.  My numbers
on -chat would be comparatively high, and my numbers on IRC channels
would be zero, and on other non-@freebsd.org mailing lists would be
at or near zero, depending on the forum, and in the cases they were
non-zero, they would 99.99% be followups to crossposts that I didn't
initiate.

-- Terry