Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:43:39 +0100
From:      Lucas Nussbaum <lucas@sicfa.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2-STABLE install

Hello,

I want to install FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE on an old laptop.
I've downloaded all the sources using cvsup on a 4.2-STABLE box.
But now, what ?
Must I make buildworld the 2.2-STABLE sources ? Isn't it going to break my
4.2-STABLE box by copying files out of the build directory ? I really CAN'T
break this box.
And then, what about the installation floppies ? How must I create those ?
And how will I install 2.2-STABLE on the laptop ? I want to install it using
TCP/IP over paralel cable. But if I remeber correctly, sysinstall uses packages
to download bin, etc ... how do I build those packages ? make release doesn't
seem to work with 2.2-STABLE.

Any help who be highly appreciated :)

Lucas
--
Computer - A device designed to speed and automate errors.