Date:      Thu, 28 Oct 2004 20:38:05 -0000
From:      "Thordur I." <thib@mi.is>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Software or hardware RAID1. (gstripe)

First to thank for the replys. They have been very helpful.
Second,  s/gstripe/gmirror

I was reading the gstripe man page just minutes before I wrote the email ;)

I think I will go for a hardware raid controler (RAID5 sounds good, but
my budget doesn´t really allow me to buy 2x new disks ;).

Btw. What hardware raid controlers (sata) do you listmembers recommend ?
I have read some positive things about the 3ware 9xxx and 8xxx series (a
thread on -stable)
I think I will go for that one. Any comments on the command-to-stuff
thing wich the 3ware card have (what is it called ?)

Anyhow, this has been very helpful I wish to thank you again.
With kind regards,
Thordur I.