Date:      Wed, 10 Jan 2007 20:19:26 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   DVB-C card - TerraTec Cinergy 1200 DVB-C - initial testing

I recently got a DVB-C card for cheap, and since my cable provider
recently have introduced "Digital TV" in our area, I just had to try it
out. (If you order "digital TV", they give, uh sorry, will rent you a
set top box. I asked, and they currently have no plans for supporting
digital TV cards.)
The card I got is a Cinergy 1200 DVB-C from TerraTec,
more info here: http://tingox.googlepages.com/c1200dvb-c

Currently, there is no FreeBSD driver for this card (AFAIK, we are also
missing the whole DVB driver infrastructure), so this page just have
the info I could get from 'pciconf -lv' and 'lspci -v' at the moment:
http://tingox.googlepages.com/c1200dvb-c_freebsd

If / when things change it will get updated. Don't hold your breath. :-)

I got the card to work under Linux:
http://tingox.googlepages.com/c1200dvb-c_linux

As I don't have a smartcard and a working CAM, I could only watch the
two non-encrypted channels.
If / when this changes, I will update this page. Again, don't wait for
it.

That was all.
--
Regards,