Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 1998 16:56:36 -0700
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@superior.mooseriver.com>
To:        Steve <steve.a@cableinet.co.uk>, "current@FreeBSD.ORG" <current@FreeBSD.ORG>, "freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: A Little Cancer Patient need Your Attention

On Mon, Jun 29, 1998 at 11:09:54PM +0100, Steve wrote:
> Tmb wrote:
>
> > PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO HELP THIS LITTLE GIRL
> >
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I just received this  mail from a friend of mine  in my College.  Please
> > >respond to it. It will just mean  employing a  little bit of time and
> > won't cost you a penny. All it  needs is  the heart for  you to  send
> > this mail.
> >
> > PLEASE pass this  mail on to everybody you  know.  It is the request of
> > a little girl who will soon leave this world as she has been a victim of
> > the terrible disease called CANCER. Thank  you for your effort, this
> > isn't a chain letter, but a choice for all of us to save a little girl
> > that's dying of a serious and fatal form of cancer.

Jesus H. Christ, not this shit again. This is the Craig Shergold thread
come back to life. For those of you who were lucky enough to miss this,
Craig Shergold was a kid in England, some little town outside of Leeds if I
remember right, who had a very bad form of cancer. This is in the mid to
late 80's when almost no one had heard of the Internet. Some bozo at the
local university took it upon himself to post a notice to netnews very
simular to this one. The notice asked people to help fill Craig's dying
wish to get into the Guniess book of records by sending sending him a post
card. He got something like 10 million post cards, the local Post office
was swamped and Craig's parents were posting notices to netnews as well
being interview by the newspapers telling people to STOP. This went on for
a couple of years. Craig got better and managed to get rid of all the post
cards.

> > PLEASE PASS ON

NO! Don't pass this on. Delete this message and send email to the person
who sent this and ask him/her to stop being stupid.

Josef

--
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a |    FreeBSD 2.2.7
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | UNIX for the masses