Date:      Mon, 17 May 1999 14:26:04 -0400
From:      "Bill Parker" <bparker@dc.net>
To:        <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Adding SCSI support in PicoBSD

Hello:

I recently installed PicoBSD (Network) to 1.44 MB floppy disk using rawrite
from DOS and it successfully created a boot disk.  I booted the new PicoBSD
floppy disk, it booted the system just fine, and eventually presented a
login prompt; I logged in just fine.

Everything is nice except that PicoBSD kernel does not see my Adaptec
AHA-2940UW adapter or SCSI hard disks.  This is obviously not compiled in
the kernel.  Can I load SCSI support from a standard module?

Also, I tried to mount the PicoBSD boot floppy disk from Linux and no luck;
I tried minix, UFS, sysv filesystems and several others but it would not
mount.  What filesystem is the boot floppy using?  I have no *BSD experience
and am probably doing something stupid.

I looked at documentation on the PicoBSD website and do not see anything
explicitly about these matters.  Any help or comments will be appreciated.

Regards,

Bill Parker, <bparker@dc.net>

The HURD is a free GNU operating system.
'Hurd' stands for `Hird of Unix-Replacing Daemons'.
And, then, `Hird' stands for `Hurd of Interfaces Representing Depth'.