Date:      Sat, 20 Jun 1998 22:25:37 -0400
From:      "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@bit-net.com>
To:        John Blenkhorn <valley@dowco.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: to good to be true

John Blenkhorn wrote:

> This operating system seems to be to good to be true!
>
> I would like to set up a server which is capable to handle ecommerce.  Does
> this system do so?

I'm not an expert but I would say yes. If your looking for security
I think FreeBSD is more secure than alot of systems.
Maybe the website http://www.freebsd.org can answer your questions more
confidently.  I'm new to all this stuff.

> I have a lot of knowledge about ms-dos but am nervous about a new operating
> system I know nothing about.

I knew nothing about computers before I started working @ an ISP
that I owned, about 3 years ago.  I was introduced to FreeBSD and have
never regretted it at all.
I'd have to say FreeBSD has taught me so much .  It's made the mystery
about
computers a little eaiser for me to understand.
I am and will be gratefull for what it has given to me. I've also
see other systems perform and would have to say if a you think your
system will be getting heavy usage. Defntly look at this OS !!!

 "just do it"  FreeBSD

  I am willing to learn and have been a quik
> study in the past.  I have heard alot of good things about your system and
> am wondering if there are any pitfalls I should know about. Or changes in
> the protocalls. language etc.  I know microsoft has alot to answer for and
> I should have been studying this along time ago.  But it is never to late
> to correct a mistake.  Can you help me out?
>
> John

			FreeBSD It's That And More
			 http://www.FreeBSD.org
/SD