Date:      Sat, 19 Sep 1998 15:26:22 +0100 (BST)
From:      Charlie Root <root@dns0.rotting.cheese.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        pgm@dns0.rotting.cheese.org
Subject:   Why does X kill my mouse?

Hi

Please can anyone help me? I'm running XFree86 on a P100 with freebsd 2.2.7
and when I configure the mouse with /stand/sysinstall it works. But when I
run X it stops working. Its a microsoft serial mouse on /dev/cuaa0 and
killing moused doesn't help, I've removed /dev/mouse and /dev/sysmouse and
recreated them linked to /dev/cuaa0 I've specified the list of serial mice
in man XF86Config one after the other! in /etc/XF86Config nothing works the
closest I get is with any serial mouse specified, after starting X the mouse
moves from the centre of the screen to the bottom left hand corner and then
never moves again, no matter what I do.

Cheers

I'd apreciate any pointers (no pun intended)

patmac