Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 19:43:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      vega vega <vega1@rocketmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: x11amp port not playing...

are you sure its the drivers that cause a panic? ive
never once had a problem with the oss drivers (having
used them with both FreeBSD 2.2.6 and 2.2.7, both
RELEASE with an ESS1868 PmP sound card), although
x11amp is possibly one of the buggiest pieces of
software i have ever used, it has been known to
totally lock me up and reboot my machine nearly every
time i use it, so i use xaudio
(http://www.xaudio.com) instead for the time being
until a less buggy version of x11amp is released.
hope this helps

---Carey Nairn <cpn@dpac.tas.gov.au> wrote:

> Do you have oss installed?  This is required by
x11amp-0.70, a bit of a
> problem if you ask me, since I haven't been able to
use oss yet without
> having my machine (in fact several different
machines) panic while using
> it.  If they got oss to be more stable I would
happily pay the
> registration fee since it greatly simplifies the
audio setup.