Date:      Thu, 6 Jan 2005 05:19:57 -0500 (EST)
From:      "kalin mintchev" <kalin@el.net>
To:        "Boris B. Samorodov" <bsam@ipt.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BTX halted

ok..  i tried installing 5.2.1 from iso. the same pain...
the machine has energy BIOS v6.00PG
board version tag is:
K7SEM Ver:1.1b 09/28/2001

virus protection is disabled
UltraDMA is disabled for the primary master and slave and the secondary
ones too...   on some posts online disabling DMA in the BIOS is being
offered as a solution but i have only UltraDMA options...
IDE HDD Block mode is enabled..

the primary drive has windows (i think w2k) installed on it which i want
to wipe out. the windows doesn't boot either - basically the blue screen
of death.

at this point the situation is getting rather unpleasant...

my next step is to try to figure out how to update the bios on this board
and see if that will happened at all...

any leads or help will be appreciated.

thanks a lot...