Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:18:15 -0500
From:      Andrew J Caines <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org, amistry@am-productions.biz
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <FreeBSD-Ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: New Port: gtk-smooth-engine (ports/59496)

Anish,

Thanks for the port.

I've tested this port[1] on my 5.1p10 system, putting the port in x11/. It
builds and installs cleanly. I installed the "Smooth-Step" theme[2] and
tested GTK+ 2.x with gtk2-theme-switch[3] and it appeared to work fine.
I've not tested the GTK+ 1.x.

Running the latest portlint on the port provides only one remark about
using "USE_LIBTOOL".

It appears that the project admin, Andrew Johnson (aj_genius)[4], for this
app thinks it should not be installed in a GTK+ 1.x/2.x version-specific
directory[5], as it appears to be - /usr/X11R6/lib/gtk-2.0/2.2.0/engines.
I'm insufficiently familiar with GTK and Gnome hierarchy issues to offer
any insight, so this is FYI only.

When this is committed, it should probably be added to the GTK+ engines
meta-port, x11-toolkits/gtk-engines-collection.

[1] http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/59496
[2] http://art.gnome.org/themes/gtk2/519.php
[3] Port x11/gtk2-theme-switch
[4] http://sourceforge.net/users/aj_genius/
[5] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=765431&group_id=75689&atid=544750

-Andrew-
| -Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com  |
| "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary |
|  safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" - Benjamin Franklin, 1759 |