Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 2003 17:04:23 +0200
From:      Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn@ant.uni-bremen.de>
To:        Sergei Kolobov <sergei@kolobov.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to apply private patches to port?

Sergei Kolobov wrote:
> On 2003-08-05 at 09:45 +0200, Heinrich Rebehn wrote:
>
>>It's only a private hack for imap-uw, which is very poorly configurable.
>
> [...]
>
>>That's why i had the idea of expanding the imap-uw port (and also
>>client-2002) with my own patch.
>

> I think you should submit a PR with your patch and work with the port
> maintainer to integrate it so others could benefit from your patch, too.
> See Porter's Handbook for more information.
>
> Sergei

I have given up on trying to patch imap-uw. This software is just too weird, not
at all configurable. I was trying to set the user's mail directory to an
absolute path, but it just doesn't seem possible.
So, if i can't make the software suit my needs, maybe i can make my needs suit
the software.. :-(

--

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341