Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 19:38:59 +0800
From:      "Nuzrin Yaapar" <nuzrin@nuzrin.com>
To:        "'Sudirman Hassan'" <s9810048@mmu.edu.my>, <vikashb@mweb.co.za>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Unable to send messages to freebsd-questions

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG] On Behalf Of Sudirman
Hassan
Sent: Thursday, 08 November, 2001 5:14 PM
To: vikashb@mweb.co.za
Cc: freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

Hi,
I'd the same problem when I subscribe using lycosmail. I can
subscribe,receive mail
but not sending.
When I use my university mail account, everything work just fine. Maybe
the list
need registered account.. not free mail account such as yahoomail etc.
This just my guess.. I'm yet to find any statement about it in mailing
list page.

-dmn

> Greetings,
>
> The email address experiencing this problem is :
> vikashb@pqafrica.co.za
>
> I am subscribed to the freebsd-questions list and I
> receive messages that are posted to freebsd-questions.
>

> If I try to post a message to freebsd-questions
> I get the following error :
>
>       c=US;a= ;p=PQ
>       Africa;o=NATIONAL;dda:SMTP=freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG;
> on 01/11/04 06:53 AM
>             The message was undeliverable because the recipient
specified
>             in
> the recipient postal address was not known at this address
> 	The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=PQ
Africa;l=PSICS001-
> 011102045206Z-1889
>             MSEXCH:IMS:PQ Africa:NATIONAL:EXCHNS02 3450 (000B09AA) 450

> <exchns02.PQAfrica.co.za>: Helo command rejected: Host not found
>

> I can send messages to majordomo@freeebsd.org and get replies :
> (i.e if I send a message with the body=help I get back the
> help information)
>
> Please advise
>
> Thanks
> Vikash

Hi all,

The reverse DNS fail to resolve your SMTP server, that's why FreeBSD
mail relay rejected your email message. This is to help reduce amount of
spam received on the list. Set up your SMTP server properly with valid
DNS entry and then only you can send emails to the list.

This has been discussed to death previously on the list, please check
the archives.

Hope this help.