Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 19:18:18 +0000
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        Stacy Millions <stacy@millions.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java with simpler tools - question

On Tue, Feb 26, 2002 at 09:02:10AM -0700, Stacy Millions wrote:
| j mckitrick wrote:
| > So about the fastest/lightest combination would be an editor, jikes,
| > and ant, correct?
|
| That is my take on it, yes. You had stated that you were doing this
| for education purposes. I don't know what level of a programmer you
| are, but you might want to take a look at bluej. I am using it to

My employment is based on Win32, but I run FreeBSD on my home machine
and I'd like to broaden my skills beyond C in Unix.  I think C is really
only good for platform specific apps, and I'd like to think Java
represents the new way of thinking in software design.  So, I'd like an
IDE that is better than a raw IDE but that isn't a resource hog like
NetBeans and Forte.

jm
--
My other computer is your windows box.