Date:      Sat, 04 Jul 1998 13:20:43 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Bt878 support

The latest driver now supports the Bt878 and it seems to work
with my Hauppauge Wincast / FM (Bt878 based board). I modify
the Hauppauge's model detection a little and the algorithm will
improve as I get more data points :

1. Brand/model

2. Tuner component part number

3. output of fxtv-0.47 -debug startup

4. output of new sign.c

5. Any info that you may have on the card like the output of win95 hardware
   description for your bt848 card.

Probably  the best tactic is to check in the driver and as the report
comes in of not being able to detect a card properly to then ask
for the info 8)

The driver is available at :

http://www.freebsd.org/~ahasty/Bt848.html

and
ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/bt848.tar.gz

On a different note, since now I have a card with FM capability I got to
play with  Flemming Jacobsen <fj@trw.nl>'s radio app . First it is a
most cool app !! Only one minor gotcha my stations seems to be off
by -5.5 so to tune to 103.7 I have to type in 98.2 so I am wondering
if anyone else is having this problem.

	Cheers,
	Amancio