Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:30:15 -0700
From:      "Maksim Yevmenkin" <maksim.yevmenkin@gmail.com>
To:        "Vittorio De Martino" <vittorio@de-martino.it>
Cc:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: tomtom serial connection

On 4/11/07, Vittorio De Martino <vittorio@de-martino.it> wrote:
> <To Maksim>:
> Yes, I can smoothly pair the tomtom gps to my nokia cellular phone e61. N=
o pin
> is required. The connection via umts is required from time to time by the
> tomtom site to pdate traffic news .
> </To Maksim>

did you try to pair your tomtom gps with your pc?

> I tried the following but  SP doesn't seem to exist
>
> victor$ sudo l2ping -a tomtom
> 44 bytes from tomtom seq_no=3D0 time=3D246.214 ms result=3D0
> 44 bytes from tomtom seq_no=3D1 time=3D28.889 ms result=3D0
> 44 bytes from tomtom seq_no=3D2 time=3D31.084 ms result=3D0

??? l2ping has nothing to do with sp, just tells you that remote side
answers l2cap, but we already know this, because sdpcontrol returns
stuff.

> victor$ sudo sdpcontrol -a tomtom search sp
> victor$

ok, stupid question, is your tomtom a complete unit with screen and
buttons, etc. or just a standalone bluetooth gps receiver with no user
interface at all?

could you please provide model number for your tomtom device?

can you force your tomtom gps into pairing mode and then try
'sdpcontrol -a tomtom search sp'?

thanks,
max