Date:      Tue, 7 Jan 2014 14:08:11 -0800
From:      Patrick <gibblertron@gmail.com>
Subject:   pkgng woes

I'm trying to move to pkgng on some 9.2 systems, and I'm having a hard
time finding some working examples of the configuration files one
would need to pull in packages from the official FreeBSD package
servers. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

I started with the /usr/local/etc/pkg.conf.sample, but it's mostly
commented out and refers to files that don't exist.

So then I use the examples from the pkg.conf(5) man page (minus the
http proxy). I get the following error:

# pkg install postfix
Updating repository catalogue
digests.txz          100% 1068KB   1.0MB/s   1.0MB/s   00:01
pkg: Error loading trusted certificates
pkg: Unable to find catalogs

The Handbook page on pkgng
(http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/pkgng-intro.html) has lots of
useful for any mention or examples of the configuration files you need
to actually use it.

I'm guessing there's something obvious I must be missing, but as a new
user to pkgng (but long time FreeBSD user), this is a somewhat
frustrating experience. I don't see really any discussion out there on
other people experiencing the same issue, so there must be something
I'm not seeing that's right in front of me...

Patrick