Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:35:48 -0400
From:      Yan <rottled@gmail.com>
To:        reed@reedmedia.net
Cc:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: comment about LISP book?

It's funny that you just mentioned it now, as I was looking at a few lisp
books recently. "Paradigms of AI Programming" has been hailed as one of the
best lisp books ever written (book site here: http://norvig.com/paip.html,
and click on the 'Comments' section). The amazon reviews for it are also
glowing, not to mention the utmost respect I have for its author (Peter
Norvig). Being more specific to what you're asking, quoting Norvig
himself: "Probably
the best book ever on how to write Lisp compilers and interpreters is
Christian Queinnec's *Lisp in Small Pieces*.". You can also look at Paul
Graham's "On