Date:      Mon, 18 Aug 1997 12:02:19 -0500
From:      "Chris Csanady" <ccsanady@scl.ameslab.gov>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   fs's on floppies.. (installing many machines)

I need to install a bunch of FreeBSD boxes and was wondering how
I may create a bootable floppy.  I thought, hey--this should be no
trouble..  but I cannot get it to mount the root filesystem.

I basically want to have a floppy capable of writing a partition
table, disklabeling, newfsing, and untarring a file over nfs.

So.. I created a fs on a floppy, copied a kernel, init and friends,
but it hangs after something like "mounting root.." and
"configure() finished"..

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks,
Chris

PS, please leave me cc'd