Date:      Fri, 30 Jan 2004 14:31:55 -0500
From:      stan <stanb@panix.com>
To:        Edmund Craske <edmund@m00is.net>
Cc:        Free BSD Questions list <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using bind9, instead of the default bind8

On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 04:52:12PM -0000, Edmund Craske wrote:
> There's something wrong with the rc.conf stuff for named if you install the bind9 port over the base bind8 (by doing a make
> -DPORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND9 install clean in dns/bind9) because of differences in command line arguments. Of course, you could just
> work it out and hash it together, or leave the base bind8 alone entirely and install bind9 as a separate port... It doesn't really
> matter either way, just make sure you're executing the bind9 named instead of the bind8 one.

Thnaks for the advice.

I found the startup flags issue. it's as simple as not needing the "-g
bind". Only the -u bind is allowd.

I suppose I should make an effort to run this chrooted. Given that I did
specify the DPORT_REPLACES_BASE_BIND9 optin, would the correct palce tp
chroot be /etc/namedb?

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin