Date:      Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:28:50 +1100
From:      jonathan michaels <jon@caamora.com.au>
To:        David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: stb 4 port serial card using a shared interupt

On Sun, Feb 07, 1999 at 09:49:04PM -0600, David Kelly wrote:
> jonathan michaels writes:
> > hello all ..
> >
> > i've recently aquired a very old "Acer" derivide pentium (p5) 90 mhz with a 4
> > port serial card. it is a stb 4 port using st16880(??) - startech uart, it can
> > run at about 230 kbits/sec, i believe.
> >
> > my problem is that i have no documentation for this card and would like to
> > use it in my freebsd v2.2.7-release (soon to be v2.2.8-release) network
> > gateway machine. i believe it is possible to use the serial ports via a single
> > interupt. i recieved the machine (and serial card) as a working ms windows 95
> > converted ms dos (fidonet) bulletin board. it works well in ms dos mode and ms
> > win 95 .. but, i would like to be able to run the card in freebsd .. if i could
> > discover the jumpering information to convert it from its current 4 ports on
> > four irqs.
>
> 115k is the fastest it will run. Chip is a Startech ST16C554CJ.

ummm, yes that is mopre like it .. i was daydreaming, sorry.

> This is how I have mine configured:
> device  sio2    at isa? port 0x1a8 tty flags 0x205 irq 10 vector siointr

stuff deleted for brevity.

sorry for replying so late .. i've got a bit of a bad hair day going at the
moment .. sort of grin, i think.

thank yo for your responce it has sorted out my probelm very well, mst
apreciated.

now all i have to do is to find a place where i can get some more of thse
pigtail conectors that plug into the card and mate with the cables to the
modems .. if its not ting its another .. grin.

regards and thank you.

jonathan