Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 2002 21:22:01 +1000 (EST)
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-standards@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MFCing stdlib.h and stddef.h

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <20020808165908.N8452-100000@gamplex.bde.org>
>             Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au> writes:
> : -current has a temporary fix for this in rev.1.46 of <sys/cdefs.h> and
> : associated changes.
>
> That fix is for the C89 variant of this problem.  However, since
> __STRICT_ANSI__ doesn't appear to be defined when we're compiling C++
> -pedantic, and I don't see anyhthing in the output that g++ -v to
> indicate a symbol that we can hang something on as welll, I'm not sure
> how we can fix this.

It isn't set for cc -pedantic either.  It is set for cc -ansi and c++ -ansi.
Long long is warned about by cc -pedantic and c++ -pedantic but not for
cc -ansi or c++ -ansi.  So the temporary fix only works when -pedantic is
combined with -ansi.  This shouldn't be a problem, since -pedantic makes
no sense without a standard to be pedantic about.

Bruce