Date:      Wed, 05 Nov 2008 16:21:46 +0100
From:      Gabor PALI <pgj@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dominic Fandrey <kamikaze@bsdforen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wacom driver

Dominic Fandrey wrote:
> Gábor Kövesdán wrote:
>> Dominic Fandrey escribió:
>>> I have created a port of Bartosz Fabianowski's Wacom driver.
>>> Since nobody has stepped forward to commit it, I thought I'd
>>> inform this list, so that people can test it.
>>>
>>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=128547
>>>
>> I suggest that you should consult with pgj@. He was going to port this
>> driver himself but he hasn't got time so far. I've CC'd him because I
>> don't think he is on the ports@ list because he is a doc committer.
>
> Well, I'm always willing to talk. However, I don't see much to be done
> here. The port is done, I keep close contact to Bartosz and I'm
> willing to maintain it. It's one of the few that actually installs a
> module into /boot/modules, something that should be enforced more
> thoroughly, in my opinion.
>
> Thanks to the ports Xorg magic I even don't have to take care of
> dependencies.

Hello there,

Thanks to Ping Cheng (maintainer of the original Linux driver), I
already found and contacted Bartosz (at about middle of August), and I
have tested some versions of his ported driver with my USB Wacom Bamboo.
 I asked him about an official FreeBSD port, but he replied he will do
that himself (when it is time) :)

I would be happy to see this driver in the Ports Collection, however I
had serious problems with the latest version I tested (X crashed after a
few minutes with Firefox and Gimp).

It is a sorry, but I had to leave that configuration (6.3-STABLE on a
desktop machine) behind (I had to move) and I switched to FreeBSD
7-PRERELEASE on a notebook meanwhile.  I have not had time to test it
again, though my Bamboo is next to my notebook :)  (Therefore no
physical limitations...)

But if you need a committer for this port, I can offer you to look after
your PRs, test and commit them (with some help from an experienced ports
committer, of course).

Cheers,
:g