Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 2000 12:41:46 -0000
From:      Daniel Podolsky <daniel.podolsky@twelvehorses.com>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions (E-mail)" <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Logging to remote syslogd

Dear All,

I'm tryed to configure my Cisco for logging to the syslog on my FreeBSD
4.1.1.
I have confugred the Cisco correctly. I can see Cisco's incoming UDP packets
to port 514 in a ipfw log.
The syslogd run command is "syslogd -a <Cisco1Address>/32
<Cisco2Address>/32".
For testing purposes I have added the string "*.*	/var/log/all.log" to
the /etc/syslog.conf
However, I can not see Cosco's packets in a all.log. Also, I can not see the
trace of this packets then I run syslogd with "-d".

Could you please help me. Thank you.

With best regards,
Daniel Podolsky