Date:      Sat, 29 Dec 2001 01:05:59 +0800
From:      KT Sin <ktsin@acm.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   memory backed filesystem corruption

Hi

My userland and kernel were rebuilt after running cvsup on Christmas day.
Right after that, files created on /tmp which is swap-backed get corrupted
easily.

I was trying to build mozilla and everytime I untarred the source into /tmp,
I would get about 10 random files corrupted. Each of these files has one
or two chunks of data replaced with null bytes (^@).

However, I didn't get the same error whenever I untarred into a physical disk
backed filesystem.

Has anyone experienced this problem? Can someone please try and confirm?

Thanks
kt