Date:      Sun, 27 Jun 1999 19:46:20 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
To:        "John T. Farmer" <jfarmer@goldsword.com>
Cc:        crb@ChrisBowman.com, gummibear@we.mediaone.net, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Are SIIG SCSI Cards Supported?

> Look at the Diamond Fireport 40.  If you look around (www.pricewatch.com
> for starters), you can find the "white box" (card, no cables) for around
> $85 to $90 US.  I have one in a web server with seagate wide drives.
> Under FreeBSD, it's fast & works.  It's also cheap.  What's not to like?
>
> If you want the Adaptec, the 2940uw2 can be found for around $160 to $180.
> The Tekram can be found in the $70 to $90 range.

The Tekram 390F (UW, 40MB card) works great in FreeBSD, I got one from
techstore.com for $84, the UW2 card from Tekram is $138, although im not
sure how well it works with FreeBSD. Where can you get an Adaptec 2940UW2
for $160? I don't even look at Adaptec anymore because they prices are so
high, and last time I looked just a 2940UW went for closer to $300, although
the price may be lower now.