Date:      Thu, 27 Jun 2013 01:31:42 -0400
From:      Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
To:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@mail.turbofuzz.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Raspberry pi not ready to self-host yet?

On Wed, 26 Jun 2013 21:38:38 -0700
Jordan Hubbard <jkh@mail.turbofuzz.com> wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> It's interesting that I can still compile working RPI-B kernels as
> part of the cross-building tools script process; I just get the
> compiler toolchain (clang) failures when I attempt to self-host the
> build.
>
> What's the magic incarnation for cross-building kernels?  I've tried
> buildkernel with KERNCONF=RPI-B and all the plausible
> ARCH/TARGET_ARCH flags I could think of, but it always blows up on my
> amd64 VM.   At the very least, that would quickly tell me whether or
> not the sources (which are the same on both the pi and the VM) are
> working.
>
> - Jordan

Greeting-

My last cross compile was back in December and I just used Tim's
scripts.  It took days because my only x86 FreeBSD box with enough disk
space was a 500Mhz P3 with 256Mb ram.  That box is now dead and I did
my last build world and kernel compile with sources from April on the
Pi.  Nothing special just normal FreeBSD kernel and world builds, but
now with current sources no Joy.

If you want I can pass you my April source tree as I preserved it.  It
may bring more joy for you than current.

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

I would never invade the United States.  There would be a gun behind
every blade of grass.  --Isoroku Yamamoto