Date:      Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:08:41 +1000 (EST)
From:      Gregory Bond <gnb@itga.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        production@itga.com.au
Subject:   ports/43281: www/mozilla port will not show jpeg images

>Number:         43281
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       www/mozilla port will not show jpeg images
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD hellcat.itga.com.au 4.7-RC FreeBSD 4.7-RC #10: Mon Sep 23 12:59:40 EST 2002 aaw@grollo.itga.com.au:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/HELLCAT i386

	www/mozilla port (1.0.1_2)
	Mozilla cannot display jpegs due to confusion about shared library names
>How-To-Repeat:
	Build the Mozilla port, examine a JPEG image (e.g.
		http://www.comicspage.com/helen/images/helen-sitting2.jpg
	Note the failure to display, and the bogus error message.

Look in the stderr from the mozilla process and note errors like:
	nsNativeComponentLoader: GetFactory(/usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/components/libimgjpeg.so) Load FAILED with error: Shared object "libplc4.so.1" not found

This file (libplc4.so.1) is installed by the port as /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/libplc4.so

>Fix:

Workaround:
	cd /usr/X11R6/lib/mozilla/
	for i in nspr4 plc4 plds4 ; do ln -s lib$i.so lib$i.so.1 ; done

As to why the port and the Mozilla dynamic linking code disagree
on the filename, well this I can't answer!