Date:      Fri, 13 Jun 2003 11:27:15 -0700
From:      Scott Reese <sreese@codysbooks.com>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD User Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Gnumeric2 Won't Print Properly

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-12 at 17:13, Scott Reese wrote:
>
>>[Please cc: me in any replies as I'm not currently subscribed to this
>>list.  Thank you.]
>>
>>I can't get Gnumeric to print a simple spreadsheet properly.  It uses
>>a font other than the one I've specified (I specified Helvetica and
>>it's trying to use a different font for printing for some reason...the
>>font it's trying to use also happens to be the first one in the font
>>list, if that datapoint helps at all) and the cells come out blank or
>>as little squares (this may be due in part to the limitations of the
>>font that Gnumeric is trying to print with, though).  Any ideas on how
>>to fix this or on who to bug to get this fixed?
>>
>>I'm running 5.1-RELEASE and I'm using Gnome 2 for my windowing system.
>>  Any suggestions or pointers would be greatly appreciated.
>

> What version of Gnumeric are you using?  How do you know what font is
> being used for printing?

I'm using version 1.1.19 (upgraded to this version last night hoping
to fix the problem, but no joy).  I know what font it's using because
the font it's using is a highly stylized true type font that I have
installed and it's pretty distinctive.  Curiously, in further poking
around, I've noticed that if I double-click on a text field in the
spreadsheet, the text in the cell that I've selected becomes the
sylized font (called Abaddon) and when I deselect it, it goes back to
Helvetica which is what I've told it to use in the first place.  This
is very curious behavior.

-Scott