Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:16:57 +0200
From:      CeDeROM <cederom@tlen.pl>
Subject:   U3G QDL firmware loader for GOBI2000/HP_UN2420 MiniPCI/USB 3G/GPS

Hello world! :-)

I have changed my machine, there is a built-in GOBI2000 / HP UN2420
3G/GPS module installable as MiniPCI card and visible as USB device. I
have added its VID/PID to the usbdevs and u3g.c module, so after
recompilation it gets recognised by u3g module and apropriate
/dev/cuaU* device shows up..

The problem is that device does not store firmware inside non-volatile
memory, so user needs to upload it after power-on. I have the firmware
files. I can test modem with success after reboot from Win7 which
uploads firmware into device. Still, I need to upload the firmware
somehow on my FreeBSD.

The upload protocol is QDL and /dev/cuaU0 shows up waiting for
command. Which utility can I use to upload firmware with QDL? I have
seen one post [1] regarding this problem in the past but the QDL
utility was not named explicitly.

Any hints welcome! :-)

Tomek

[1] http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-usb/2010-October/009384.html