Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 2002 14:39:57 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: slightly OT (maybe) - calling all network detectives . . .

On 12/07/02 06:04 PM, Per olof Ljungmark sat at the `puter and typed:

> > So does anyone have any ideas how to find out *where* port 80 is being
> > blocked?  Could it be the modem?  I had to configure things thru an NT
> > box before I set up the FreeBSD box, but I removed all the DSL stuff
> > afterwards.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Lou
>
> What is the IP in question?

68.160.1.182

I looked at the Westell site, and it turns out the dsl modem I have
(WireSpeed 2100) has NAT/Firewall capabilities.  I'm wondering now if
it isn't blocking port 80 there.

My traceroutes end at my IP, so I'm thinking even more that I need to
reconfigure that modem.

BTW, keyslapper.org is dns hosted at zoneedit.com, and points to my
box here.  Anytime I get a new IP, the PPP scripts automagically
notify zoneedit to change the IP hosting my domain.  Unfortunately,
there's no way to control the reverse lookup, so 68.160.1.182 resolves
to pool-68-160-1-182.bos.east.verizon.net.

Must be the modem.

Thanks for the input.
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Meade's Maxim:
  Always remember that you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else.