Date:      Wed, 6 May 2009 21:22:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Josh Rickmar <joshua_rickmar@eumx.net>
Subject:   xcb-util 0.3.4 breaks awesome

I've been following the discussions on awesome's IRC channel lately, and
there have been a lot of problems with users not being able to use their
modkey.  It turned out that the problem was that a newer version of
xcb-util (0.3.4) conflicts with the current released stable version of
awesome.

Now I see that xcb-util has been pushed to this version in ports.  I'm
not sure what the proper procedure is for ports which don't work
together, but this is just a heads up that there will be problems for
awesome users.

According to the awesome devs, the solution is to either stay on
xcb-util 0.3.3 or install a newer version of awesome (either from git,
or use the release candidate for the next version).

--
IRC nick: jrick
Jabber: jrick@jabber.org