Date:      Tue, 17 Jul 2012 07:55:35 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com>
To:        Toomas Aas <toomas.aas@raad.tartu.ee>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "Twitter.com is loading slowly" after updating to Firefox 13.0.1

On Tue, 17 Jul 2012, Toomas Aas wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I'm having this problem on two different computers, one running 8.3-STABLE
> and the other running 9.0-STABLE. After updating Firefox from 12.0 to 13.0.1,
> whenever I access twitter.com, I can log in but after that a message appears
> saying that "Twitter.com is loading slowly", and the site is practically
> unusable - clicking on any of the links has no effect.

If you do not know that there is something in firefox (now 13ish) which you
must have, deinstall it and install firefox-esr (now 10ish).  Apparently
firefox is bleeding-edge and might better be called firefox-devel.  The
stable version is in firefox-esr.

I haven't found anything that is mission-critical to me that is missing from
esr.  Everything works, except the linux-flash on flowplayer sites using js,
but that is a 12ish linux-flash bug, not firefox.  Sites using flowplayer
without js work fine.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html