Date:      Tue, 2 Aug 2016 23:11:18 +0100 (BST)
From:      Anton Shterenlikht <mexas@bris.ac.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   wireless hints: AP, username, password - does not work

I need to use my FreeBSD 11-current laptop
in a new environment where all I'm given is
the access point (AP) name, the username and the password.
The local help is not great.
I'm told my browser should "automatically" point me
to a page where I enter the username and the password.

For starters I'm not familiar with username/password
for wireless authentication.
My /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf* files either
point to a cert file, and use identity/password,
or are just:

network={
        ssid="..."
        psk="..."
}

How can this work with a username/password pair?

When I use ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP WPA" I cannot connect.

If I use just ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP" I can connect to the AP,
and get the ip address, but cannot connect anywhere else.

I guess they are using some weird MS only setup?
Anything else I can try to get connected?

Thanks

Anton