Date:      Fri, 25 May 2001 01:39:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      reu ismil <reuismil@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   It worked!!!!

If it is any consolation I have managed to reconfig
the GENERIC kernel for the 4.3 - Release for the
second time. and make worked all the way to make
install (I reconfigured it on the i586 120 Mhz
machine) but when I restarted it again it stopped
booting which was obvious the kernel was reconfigured
for an i386 machine so i installed the FreeBSD HD to
the destination i386 machine, ENABLED Mem Remapping,
DISABLED ROM Shadowing and booted from the HD and
TADA! the login prompt.

I think there's a catch though. If I wanted to
reutilize the HD to work on a i5486 or higher
machines, I have to reconfig the KERNEL again but
using the i386machine this time.

The KERNEL that worked is not the one that I had
previosly sent so I guess I would have to send that to
you too later.

Thanks in advance!