Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 00:11:10 GMT
From:      "Michael Sharp" <ms@prolinux.ws>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org

I just downloaded the 4.5-RELEASE binary images kern.flp, and mfsroot.flp to
install FreeBSD via FTP. I made the images on Linux with dd if=kern.flp
of=/dev/fd0 , and the same for mfsroot. I got no errors, then rebooted with
my first boot device as the floppy drive and the image kern.flp nor
mfsroot.flp wouldnt start the Installation. The drive indicator indicated it
was active, but it never would start. What have I done wrong?

Michael